Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"My mom won't even let me watch Twilight. She says she thinks Kristen Stewart seems like a bitch."

As per usual, I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode of Glee. I'll admit, it wasn't my favorite, but I'm wondering if that's due to the fact that I MAY have over-hyped it a bit in my head considering it was a combination of two of my favorite things of the moment: Glee and Lady Gaga. AND, I didn't even know it would include so many references to one of my other favorite things: vampires!

Let's recap the best parts of the night, shall we?

As I said before, I had no idea this episode would also include so many references to one of the biggest crazes of the moment, vampires...and specifically, Twilight. The episode starts out with Tina being called into Principal Figgins' office because he thinks she's a vampire and wants her to change her look. In the end, Tina rebels against Figgins' wishes because without her look, she feels lost. One of the best moments is when she convinces him that she and her family are indeed vampires, but not only that, her father is the head of the vampires, so he backs down and let's her dress as she pleases. Maybe Figgins should take his own advice and stop reading so much Twilight!

Moving along to my other obsession: Gaga!

New Directions' assignment this week was Lady Gaga and the ladies of the club really went all out. Who knew a bunch of high school kids were so handy with a sewing machine? With the exception of Rachel, whose two gay dads stapled stuffed animals onto a dress for her (that sounds dangerous, no?), all the girls, and Kurt, threw together pretty amazing Lady Gaga outfits overnight. All this led to the best song of the night. And, by the way, who else thinks Santana needs more solos?



Luckily for Rachel, once she realized Shelby was her mother, she was able to have her help create a much better outfit. Which brings me to my final thought. Indina Menzel and Lea Michele are both incredible singers and every time I listen to their original duet, I Dreamed A Dream, I get chills. Ryan Murphy - I have a request. Can we please keep Shelby around for a while and have Shelby/Rachel duets more regularly? Thanks!

Anyway, I really did love their Poker Face, however I couldn't help but wonder whether or not they should have done a different song. Speechless perhaps? I feel as though that song would have been more appropriate for the moment. If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure Lady Gaga wrote that song for her father. Regardless, Rachel and Shelby together created another beautiful duet that I know will be playing constantly on my iPod.



All in all, I was very pleased with the episode and I can't wait for next week. Looks like Terri will finally make her return and will surely be there to stir up trouble! And did I see that Jesse St. James will be back in Vocal Adrenaline?? Just when you think he was actually there to do good, we're slapped with cold, hard reality that he was indeed just playing a game.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Tina, "Glee"

No comments: