Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I am the best goddamn dancer in the American Ballet Academy. Who the hell are you? Nobody."

Now that the 9th season of American Idol has come to an end (how AMAZING was Christina Aguilera's performance??), and my newest crush, Lee DeWyze has been crowned this year's winner, we can move on to the best show of the summer: So You Think You Can Dance!

In honor of the show's return Thursday, May 27, I thought I would dedicate a post to my favorite host on TV, the lovely Cat Deeley. Ever since I started watching the show in season 4, she has quickly become a fashion favorite of mine. She is always styled to perfection, which she does herself...a rarity in Hollywood. She has admitted herself that looking back she sometimes thinks her looks were misses, but in my opinion, she always looks great on both the red carpet (which I could probably do a whole other post about) and the show.

That being said, below I will countdown my top 10 Cat Deeley looks over the past few seasons:

10. Sleek in purple Balenciaga dress and DSquared2 platforms

9. Sparkly in a Matthew Williamson mini dress and Sergio Rossi heels

8. Wild in a vintage tiger dress and Camilla Skoovgard heels

7. Bright in a Yigel Azrouel dress and Jimmy Choo pumps

6. Fresh in an Alexander Wang dress

5. Chic in a Jasmine di Milo dress and Alexander McQueen heels

4. Classic in an Yves Saint Laurent "Le Smoking" tuxedo

3. Perfectly tousled in an Alexander Wang dress

2. Flirty (and thrifty!) in a Zara dress, vintage Chloe belt and Christian Louboutin pumps

1. And finally, with a tie for first, modern with a nod to the 20's in a white and gold beaded flapper dress

And spectacular (and thrifty, again!) in a sequin Topshop dress and Sergio Rossi heels

I can't wait to see what she comes up with this season!

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Maureen Cummings, "Center Stage"

1 comment:

Rebecca McGahey said...

There is only that one time she wore that pink riffly top, but other than that I always love how cute Cat dresses!! So excited for this show to be back on!