Thursday, February 17, 2011

"We underestimated the power of the Biebs." "He's clearly a mini God."

I am very pleased to say that Glee won me back over this week. As I'm sure you could tell from my last Glee related post, I was starting to worry that the show had run its course, but alas, those crazy kids reminded me why I do really love the show.

Let's break it down, shall we?

Sue was up to crazy antics, as per usual, but they didn't annoy me as much this week as they have been. Her "Sue-icide" attempt was pretty clever and I'm glad it gave a reason to get Emma some more screen time. I've been missing her lately!

I LOVE that Glee tackled Bieber Fever. Who better than pretty boy Sam to make the girls swoon over a hair flip. Way to reel Quinn back in! I was dying over the guys in their hoodies and Bieber hair-dos and the girls swooning over them. Finn's "WTF?" face during the performance was classic.

Brittany helping Rachel with her comeback was pretty great too. I loved that she was able to make Rachel's "sexy school girl librarian chic" look the new trend, going so far as to becoming one of my favorite bloggers/street style photographers, Scott Schuman's "Trendiest Teen in America."

Finally, I have to admit I didn't realize how much I loved the big performances at the end of each episode until I realized how much I'd missed them this week. Even though I wasn't a huge fan of the song choice, it was still refreshing to see New Directions all together for the finale of the episode.

Speaking of songs, here are the few that were my faves of the week:







I'll leave you with a question. What happened to Vocal Adrenaline? I understand that they're not the only other Glee club (outside of the Warblers) but aren't they New Directions MAIN competition? Why is Sue becoming the head coach (or director or whatever) of Oral Intensity? I don't even really remember who they are.... Anyway, looking forward to next week. I'm glad to have re-caught the Gleever.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Puck and Mike, "Glee"

No comments: