Thursday, July 8, 2010

"We're gonna win. You're gonna lose. Deal with it."

Today in Hollywoodland the stars of the TV universe woke up with either really good news or really bad news in the form of the 2010 Emmy Award nominations. There were two things that stood out to me: one good and one bad.

First of all, the good. I was very pleased to see all the love going out to one of my favorite new shows, Glee. Not only did Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch nab nominations for Best Actress, Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress, respectively, in a comedy series, as expected, BUT the amazing Chris Colfer, better known as Kurt Hummel, surprised us all with a Best Supporting Actor nomination. He has been one of my favorite characters on the show from the beginning with amazing one-liners, fabulous outfits and dance moves that would make even Beyonce proud!



Plus, amazing guest stars Kristin Chenoweth and Mike O'Malley scored best guest starring nominations. Oh, and I suppose them getting nominated for Best Comedy is king of a big deal too, I GUESS..... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that while Glee MAY not walk away with all of the awards they've been nominated for, I'm not too worried that they won't walk away with a few.

Now for the bad. Every award season people always go on and on and on about the biggest "snubs" of the year. In my opinion, as an entertainment and television expert (right?!), the one person that was majorly overlooked was the always lovely Cat Deeley of So You Think You Can Dance for Best Host of a Reality Competition Program.

Not only is she the most stylish host on TV (as I've mentioned before), she is, in my expert opinion, the most honest, fabulous host on TV and one of the main reasons I tune in every week to the show. Hopefully next year, she'll get the recognition she truly deserves. Who else was completely impressed and cheering to themselves when she stood up to the judges this week for giving undue praise to certain contestants while expecting too much from others (unlike some other host's unfunny banter with one of the judges...but I'm not naming names or anything...I'm talking to you Ryan Seacrest!!)?

I guess we'll just have to wait until August 29th to see who goes home happy and who goes home "happy to be nominated among a group of such talented actors" or in other words, not happy.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Finn, "Glee"

1 comment:

Rebecca McGahey said...

Agreed! I love Cat Deeley!!