Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Do you wanna hear my research that proves my mother is Bernadette Peters? "

Apparently this is becoming a theme: my weekly Wednesday gush about the previous night's episode of Glee.

What do you get when you combine Glee, Joss Whedon, Neil Patrick Harris and Idina Menzel? Amazingness! That's what. Pretty much the moment they announced Idina Menzel would be appearing on Glee, I think everyone knew she would end up being Rachel Berry's birth mother. How could she not? They look almost identical. I'm so glad that they decided to make Jesse St. James' infiltration into New Directions a way to help Rachel discover that Shelby was indeed her mother, rather than to help it implode.

And how outrageous was Neil Patrick Harris' Bryan Ryan? I don't watch How I Met Your Mother (although I'm told that I should), but I am a fan of NPH and I was very excited to hear that he'd be on the show. His duets with Mr. Shue, both the Piano Man in the bar and the Dream On audition for Les Mis, were incredible. I had no idea he had such amazing chops!

As per usual, here are my two favorite songs from the night:





As a MAJOR Lady Gaga fan, I can't wait for next week's episode, featuring her songs. And, I can't wait for Kurt's rendition of Bad Romance!

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Lea Michele, "Glee"

No comments: