Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Silver white winters that melt into springs, these are a few of my favorite things."

I have been a bit remiss lately about regularly updating my blog. I've been spending some time deciding which direction I'd like to take it and, as you can see, doing a bit of a design makeover, which is still a work in progress. Anyway, rather than doing a single focused post today, and since I'm on occasion asked about this, I decided to give you all a glimpse of some of the things I've been obsessing over lately.

What will Kate Middleton be wearing for her BIG DAY?!?!
I am not ashamed to admit I have caught Royal Wedding fever. And as someone who loves fashion, not to mention beautiful wedding gowns, I am dying to see what the soon-to-be princess will be wearing upon her arrival to Westminster Abbey in a few hours. I've heard her mother, sister and bridesmaids are all wearing Alice Temperley for Temperley London, who I love, so maybe she will be, too? I'd say the chances are pretty high.

UPDATE!!:
Looks like Sarah Burton designed Kate's, or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, custom Alexander McQueen gown (her sister Pippa's Maid of Honor dress, as well). I think she looks stunning and timeless.

The 2011 Met Costume Institute Gala is just a few days away!
The New York Met's Costume Institute Gala never disappoints me. It will be taking place May 2, and hosted by none other than Anna Wintour (with the help of Colin Firth and Salma Hayek) and I cannot wait to see who wears what. Considering the exhibit is called, Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty, I'm sure there will be a lot of McQueen on the red carpet.


Madewell is FINALLY coming to San Francisco!
As one of my favorite stores since I discovered it while living in LA a few years ago, I have been waiting patiently for a Madewell to grace the halls of San Francisco Center (or Union Square, or Union/Chestnut/Fillmore Streets). I'm not really a huge fan of online shopping (blasphemy, I know) and the last time I was in LA (and forced my friend to go to Century City Mall just so I could go to Madewell) it was closed!! so I was so thrilled to read that there was FINALLY one opening here.


San Francisco is becoming a fashion hub? It's about time!
I love a good fashion blog and I've been so excited over the past few weeks to discover some local gems in a world of predominantly New Yorkers and Angelenos. Here's a few local fashion blogs that have become a part of my daily must-read list:

Refinery 29 (Be sure to check out their San Francisco section!)


Atlantic - Pacific


Even though fashion has been taking up the majority of the obsessive portion of my brain lately, I do still love discovering new TV shows and seeing trailers for new movies that I cannot wait to see.

Does it really have to end?!?
The new (and final...tissues, please!) Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, looks absolutely amazing. There really isn't anything to say beyond: Is it July 15th yet?



There really are better singing competitions than Idol!
I am a huge Christina Aguilera fan, and a Maroon 5 fan (don't judge me!), so a singing competition with Christina, Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green and Blake Shelton coaching incredibly talented singers seemed like such a great concept to me. The fact that they skip the initial audition process and only show us actually talented people (are you as over feeling embarassed by the awful auditions on AI as I am?) is so refreshing. I never wanted to skip over any of the blind auditions! Check it out on Tuesday nights and see for yourself how fun this show is!



I suppose that's all for now. I could probably go on and on boring you all with tons of other things, but I won't. Stay tuned for much more fashion (Royal Wedding recap and Met Ball faves) and entertainment coming your way!

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Maria, "The Sound of Music"

No comments: