Thursday, April 14, 2011

"No, please don't kill me, Mr. Ghostface, I wanna be in the sequel!"

I have to be honest with you all for a minute. I am more than a little bit excited about tomorrow's release of the long-awaited Scream 4. Something wonderful about Spring is that all the fun movies start to come out. Over the next few months there are quite a few movies that I'm dying to see (can't open soon enough!) and I figured I'd share my top 4 with you.

Scream 4 (or should I say "SCRE4M")

I'm not a huge fan of the horror genre. I prefer Shaun of the Dead over Dawn of the Dead, but Scream has always been able to combine the comedy with the off-the-wall horror to create intensely entertaining movies. Now, I'll be the first to admit 2 and 3 weren't nearly as great as the original, but I still love every minute of watching them (even though they give me nightmares still!). When it was announced that Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson were teaming up again for a new Scream movie, as well as Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and David Arquette, I couldn't wait for it to come to the theaters. Plus, it cameos from some of my favorite TV stars from the past few years (Friday Night Light's Aimee Teegarden, Veronica Mars' Kristen Bell, True Blood's Anna Paquin, Pretty Little Liars' Lucy Hale, The OC's Adam Brody to name a few)! Is it wrong of me to hope one of the original 3 is the killer? Or maybe all of them!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

I have such bittersweet feelings about this movie coming out. I cannot wait to see how it all plays out (I have been practically holding my breath since the final scene of Part 1) but I am also so sad that this is the final one and there will be no more to look forward to. Since going to see Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone with my mother back in 2001, getting to read a new Harry Potter book or see a new Harry Potter movie every year is something I truly have loved over the past 10 years. I can say with confidence that the first part of the "Deathly Hallows" was my favorite of all the movies, and I cannot wait to see the culmination of the past 7 years at Hogwarts.

Water for Elephants

Another book being made into a movie that I'm really interested in seeing (Rob Pattinson must really love making movies out of books!). I had heard by friends and by perusing the internet that Water for Elephants was a MUST READ book. When I received my Kindle for Christmas, it was the first book I downloaded. It wasn't my favorite book ever, but I really enjoyed it and it was an interesting story with a colorful setting and characters. Plus, Christoph Waltz was so amazing in Inglorious Basterds that I figured it would be a treat to see him as the villain again in this movie.

Bridesmaids

I must say, I'm pretty surprised that it's taken 2 years for a "Hangover-for-girls" to come out. While when I heard about this I basically thought, REALY!? and just assumed it would be terrible, once I saw the trailer my mind changed. First of all, I love Kristen Wiig, I love Maya Rudolph and I love Melissa McCarthy. Second of all, being a bridesmaid is such a unique experience and is such an easy thing to make a hilarious movie about. What can I say? I love a good wedding comedy! Blame on all the weddings I've been in and to.

Yay for new movies! I really hope that I actually get out to see these in the theater. I already have this Sunday booked to see Scream and I cannot wait.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Tatum , "Scream"

No comments: