Monday, May 2, 2011

"Spotted on the steps of the Met: an S and B power struggle."

Sarah Burton is having a crazy busy Spring, isn't she? Not only did she custom design multiple wedding dresses for Kate Middleton (excuse me, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge) and her sister, Pippa (how AMAZING did she look in her white gown for the ceremony?), she, as the Creative Director of Alexander McQueen again had all eyes on her this evening at the 2011 Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Gala, Alexander McQueen's Savage Beauty.

The Met Gala, also known as the Oscars of the East Coast or the Super Bowl of Fashion, always serves as a sartorial highlight of the year. I'll admit that I was glued to my computer, refreshing my fashion blogs constantly trying to catch a glimpse of my favorite stars dressed to the nines. While I'm surprised there wasn't more McQueen catching my eye (I do tend to LOVE him on the red carpet), my eyeballs were still treated to some luxurious, envy-inducing gowns on some of the most beautiful ladies of Hollywood.

Here are my favorites, in no particular order:

Coco Rocha in Alexander McQueen

Isla Fisher in Tory Burch

Evan Rachel Wood in Gucci

Bar Rafaeli in Reem Acra

Dianna Agron in Michael Kors

Zoe Saldana in Calvin Klein

Penelope Cruz in Oscar de la Renta

Nicole Richie in Jason Wu

Margherita Missoni in Missoni

Lea Michele in Escada

Kristen Stewart in Proenza Schouler

Gwyneth Paltrow in Stella McCartney

Gisele Bundchen in Alexander McQueen

Diane Kruger in Jason Wu

Ashley Greene in Donna Karan

Seeing all these stunning gowns has really gotten me excited to glam it up this summer at all the weddings I'm attending. I wonder if any of these designers would want to lend their dresses to me... What do you think the chance of that would be?

Maybe I'll have a chance to visit the exhibit when I'm in New York next month. If nothing else, the Balenciaga exhibit at the De Young Museum here in San Francisco.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Gossip Girl, "Gossip Girl"

1 comment:

Rebecca McGahey said...

I love when you post pictures of your favorite gowns at the latest event. I think Gisele and Ashley have my favorite gowns of the bunch!