Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"I don't wanna die yet. At least not until One Tree Hill gets canceled."

Well Gleeks, the kids at McKinley High are back from sabbatical and leave it to New Directions to come back with a bang. Or should I say the Cheerios are back with a bang? Regardless, after a long absence we were finally treated to not one but TWO new episodes of Glee this week. Including the post-Super Bowl, football themed episode.

As per usual, there are songs now in heavy rotation on my iPod BUT I have to say, the past few weeks have been a little bit meh, in my opinion. Since I'm a glass half full kind of gal, I will start with the GOOD of the past two episodes.

The Good
Post Super Bowl episodes are always a spectacle, and Glee held its own among past shows. Rachel and Puck's duet of Need You Now and New Direction's Thriller/Heads Will Roll mash-up were both highlights of the episode.





And lucky us, we only had to wait two days for a new episode, so that's always good! This week's other new episode may have been the cheesiest holiday Valentine's Day-centric, but I have to say, it was definitely more entertaining than the Super Bowl episode. It was fun to see scheming jealous Santana and Puck wooing newbie Lauren. Plus, one of my favorite songs of the moment was covered wonderfully by Rachel.



The Bad
Other than that, not many great things to talk about, sadly. I'm HOPING Glee hasn't jumped the shark because that would be pretty unfortunate. Why has Kurt pretty much vanished behind Blaine and the Warblers? Where have Emma and Terri been? Since when are Rachel and Mercedes BFFs? Are they really already recycling the Finn/Quinn/Rachel love triangle?

Don't get me wrong! I am definitely not ready to throw in the towel on Glee. I'm HOPING that the coming weeks will remind me why I fell in love with the crazy kids of New Directions. Like I said, I'm a glass half full gal so I'm very confident that that will be the case!

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Brittany S. Pierce, "Glee"

No comments: