Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"When I pulled the sandwich out, I saw the face of God. Literally."

While I usually reserve my Tuesday night emotion-fest for my 45 minutes with the drama filled One Tree Hill crew, this week Glee threw me a curve ball with its extremely emotional episode, Grilled Cheesus. This is what I love about Glee. They can do something completely hilarious and not-so-deep, albeit super fun, one week with Britney and nitrous oxide fantasies, and then go completely the other direction by having an episode devoted to spirituality and God. I really believe Chris Colfer proved to everyone this week why he was nominated for an Emmy. Everything about his performance was gut-wrenching, heart-breaking and every other compound word relating to emotion.

We were treated to some chill-inducing performances by both Rachel and Mercedes this week. What I wouldn't give to have a voice like either of theirs. On the comedy side, we had some hilarious moments from Finn, who found Jesus in his grilled cheese. Apparently when that happens, you get three wishes, like a genie, in which Finn used to his advantage.

Songs of the week: Rachel's (doing Ms. Streisand once again) Papa Can You Hear Me and Kurt's I Want To Hold Your Hand.





Next week looks to be another fun filled episode, with the return of new hottie Sam Evans. Did I see a spark between him and Quinn in the preview??

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Finn Hudson, "Glee"

No comments: