Friday, October 8, 2010

"We'd all look good in some Italian fashions."

Another season of fashion has come to a close. After New York there was London, then Milan and finally Paris. What better city than Paris to finish up an incredible month of fashion?

While I was blown away by so many of the shows at each of the respective European fashion weeks, I figure that rather than going on and on and on, writing a novel more or less, I'd just do a top 2 for each city, starting with London.

LONDON
Burberry Prorsum
I don't think I've ever been disappointed when seeing pictures from a Burberry show. Christopher Bailey has such an amazing way of keeping the Burberry tradition while making it modern and desirable. Seeing the trench shrunken down in leather, studded or over a sexy cocktail dress makes me wish I was in London going to a star-studded event at a fabulous night club.

To see the entire collection click HERE.

Matthew Williamson
A new favorite of mine, pretty much ever since I've been following Cat Deeley's style choices, Matthew Williamson always creates beautiful clothes that any girl would be lucky to wear. And feel amazing while doing so. He not only uses his signature bold prints, but also extremely interesting textures. Most fashionistas would easily be able to incorporate any of these looks into their wardrobe, whether she's going out to a party or headed to a lunch date.

To see the entire collection click HERE.

MILAN
Gucci
Always an industry favorite, Frida Gianni created a stunning show full of impeccably tailored suits and dresses in an array of bold colors and textures. Just like many of the shows in NY, it seems like the 70s trend is still going full speed ahead into Spring, and the clothes at Gucci were some of the best of that particular bunch.

To see the entire collection, click HERE.

Blumarine
A few years ago while flipping through fashion magazines I discovered a line of dreamy fabrics and prints. Ever since then, I've been a huge fan of Blumarine. Anna Molinari must have a window into my fashion wishlist, because her collection had so much of what I'm dying for included in it. Leopard print in a variety of colors made up most of it...she must know I desperately need a leopard scarf to complete my wardrobe.

To see the entire collection click HERE.

PARIS
Paul & Joe
While this collection isn't the most fantastical or avant guard of all the shows at any of the fashion weeks, it is probably my absolute favorite. From the absolute wearabilty to the beautiful color palate to the flawless styling, Sophie Albou created clothes that would make anyone lucky enough to wear them feel beautiful and happy. I liked it so much I couldn't pick a favorite picture to include, so I'm going to put two!

To see the entire collection click HERE.

Balmain
Pretty much the exact opposite, style-wise, as Paul & Joe, Christophe Decarin created a collection of separates (skinnies and minis and blazers, oh my!) that would make any girl feel like a rock star. And let's be honest, who doesn't want to feel like a rock star every once in a while.

To see the entire collection click HERE.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what makes it onto the red carpet over the next few months from the millions of beautiful looks we've seen over the past month. I guess January is only a few short months away and we'll be treated to all the Fall collections.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Clark Griswold, "European Vacation"

No comments: