Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"It's a new TV show. It's what they call a pilot. And we hope it becomes a series."

September really is my favorite month of the year. One of the main reasons for this: the new season of TV! It all begins this week, with the second season premiere of one of my favorite new shows of 2009, Vampire Diaries. Everything else picks back up over the next few weeks.

With the return of our favorite shows, also come all the new pilots, waiting to be picked up and become a regular series. There are a few this season that I am really looking forward to: Fox's Running Wilde and Lone Star and ABC's My Generation. I figured I'd do a little breakdown of what each of these shows are about and why they may make it into my weekly television schedule.

Running Wilde. I am very much looking forward to this show for a number of reasons. As a new fan of Arrested Development (I know, late to the game) and a fan of Will Arnett, I can only imagine how hilarious this will be. Plus, I LOVE Keri Russell (I wonder where Felicity would be today...) and I am so excited to be able to see her on a weekly basis. In a comedy, no less. I think throwing dramatic actors and actresses into a comedy creates some of the most classic TV moments. Check out the promo:



Lone Star. As far as I can tell from the previews for this new drama, it has everything a show could possibly need to keep fans wanting more. Intrigue, deception, sex and of course, hot actors. People love a good con movie, so I can only imagine how interesting this show could get. Plus, as a new fan of Friday Night Lights, I'm excited to see Adrianne Palicki in a new series. Check out the promo:



My Generation. As a graduate of the class of 2000 I feel like I need to at least give this show a chance. I think most people my age could really relate to many of the things that will end up happening within the course of this show, and I'm excited to see where it goes. Check out the promo:


I guess we shall see whether or not these shows find any success. I'm hoping that they entertain us as much as some of the new shows of last seasons did.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Jerry Seinfeld, "Seinfeld"

No comments: