Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"The air is crisp, the summer is gone. And for the first night in a long time, you need a blanket on your bed."

While I love summer, I can't help but be excited at this time of year, when fall is right around the corner. There are so many things I love about this particular season: cozy sweaters, rainy weekends curled up on the couch, new seasons of my favorite TV shows, September issues of my favorite glossy mags piled up on the coffee table, a slight chill to the breeze. Oh, and of course, my birthday! But let's go back to the main reason I love fall - the fashion!

Everyone in the biz knows that the September issue is the most important magazine of the year. So important, in fact, that a documentary was even made about it. And that front row of NY Fashion Week fall shows are some of the most coveted seats in all of fashion. There's just something so all-American about cable knit, denim, leather and wool. I can help but picture a Ralph Lauren print ad when thinking about the season.

That being said, I thought I'd share my top 5 accessories for fall wishlist:

A classic Burberry trench. Tim Gunn would be proud of any woman with this staple in their wardrobe. It is so versatile it can be worn over jeans and a sweater, a cocktail dress or slacks and a turtleneck. Doesn't the lovely Emma Watson wear it well?

Leather, or patent or metallic, Marc Jacobs lace-up oxfords. A huge trend in 2010, although not necessarily a new trend, menswear for women. They're somewhere between flats and boots and the perfect shoe, worn with a skinny jean, for the season.

Tall Tory Burch riding boots. Whether they are equestrian style or motorcycle boots, these boots look amazing with tights and a dress or over some skinnies. Plus, they add a little edge to a classic 'fit. And who doesn't love a little edge in their wardrobe?


A cashmere and silk Louis Vuitton leopard print scarf. The easiest way to add a little spice to your outfit. Throw a leopard print scarf around your neck and add subtle style to a simple black or white tee. Or anything, really.

Timeless Mikimoto pearl studs. There really is no other way to add glamor to an everyday outfit or a formal gown than throwing on a pair of pearl studs. White or black, they are one of the most timeless pieces of jewelry that every woman should have in her jewelry case.


I really would love to incorporate every single one of these pieces into my wardrobe. I would add every piece to my outfits every day, although, it may be tough to wear both boots and oxfords at once. Hopefully both Tim Gunn and Rachel Zoe would approve!

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Carrie Bradshaw, "Sex and the City"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love and now want all of these things!

Unknown said...

Wearing my oxfords and skinnys now. Good selections!