Monday, August 30, 2010

"As you know in fashion, one day you're in. And the next day, you're out."

Another award show come and gone! Although I had a few disappointments with winners and I was a bit underwhelmed by the fashion, there were still some hits of the night. I have to say, I was incredibly impressed with the opening number, and I was super excited to see CW darling Nina Dobrev taking part in the star studded video.

Check it out!



Moving on to the winners. It's a good thing I'm not a gambler and didn't put anything down on my picks because I failed miserably. Well, unless you could getting one out of 1 out of 10 right. That's not so bad, is it? A lot of newcomers took home the awards, with a few veterans also walking away winners. Here's a rundown of the winners:

Actor - Comedy: Jim Parsons, "Big Bang Theory"
Actress - Comedy: Edie Falco, "Nurse Jackie"
Actor - Drama: Bryan Cranston, "Breaking Bad"
Actress - Drama: Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer"
Supporting Actor - Comedy: Eric Stonestreet, "Modern Family"
Supporting Actress - Comedy: Jane Lynch, "Glee"
Supporting Actor - Drama: Aaron Paul, "Breaking Bad"
Supporting Actress - Drama: Archie Panjabi, "The Good Wife"
Comedy Series - Modern Family
Drama Series - Mad Men

I guess that Jane Lynch was kind of a given, though, so that was an easy pick for me. I've been contemplating jumping on the Modern Family bandwagon for a while now, and I think all their success at this year's Emmys will finally push me over the edge to add it to my Netflix queue.

Now for the best part. The FASHION!! Like I said, I was a bit underwhelmed by the red carpet this year, but there were still a few that really stood out to me and I would definitely not turn down the opportunity to wear. Here are my top 10, starting with my absolute favorite:

1. Glee's Jayma Mayes in Burberry Prorsum and Neil Lane jewels.

2. Dexter's Julie Benz in Pamella Roland and Jacob & Co. jewels.

3. Glee's Lea Michele in Oscar De La Renta and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

4. Best Actress in a TV movie winner, Temple Grandin's Claire Danes in Swarovski crystal encrusted, Giorgio Armani Prive.

5. Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev in Zuhair Murad and Chopard jewels.

6. Best Actress winner, the Closer's Kyra Sedgwick in Monique Lhuillier and Ofira jewels.

7. Kelly Osbourne in Tony Ward Couture and Martin Katz jewels.

8. Glee's Diana Agron in Carolina Herrera and Cartier jewels.

9. True Blood's Anna Paquin in Alexander McQueen and House of Lavande jewels.

10. Friday Night Lights' Connie Britton in Burberry and Neil Lane jewels.

Who knew the gal's from Glee would be able to shut it down like they did? I mean, Lea Michele has been killing it on the red carpet lately, so that was a bit of an obvious choice for best dressed lists, but I was SO impressed by Jayma Mayes. Her Burberry Prorsum, which I do typically love, was stunning and her styling was flawless. I can't wait to see what she brings to red carpets from now on.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Heidi Klum, "Project Runway"

3 comments:

Rebecca McGahey said...

Oooh I love them all except Anna Paquin...not sure if I am feeling her look. The rest are gorgeous...it makes me want to go buy a designer dress and go out for for an expensive evening on the town...is that too much to ask for?

Anonymous said...

i heart rita...formerly of dexter

Unknown said...

nothing seems outrageously gorgeous to me. Anna Paquin looks like napolean.