Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Standing the Test of Time - Part 1

So the time has come for me to finally get back into blogging regularly. It has always been such an amazing creative outlet for me and I'm quite angry with myself for letting myself get away with not posting since JULY!!

Today's post was inspired by my dear friend Rebecca's wonderful idea for her daughter's first birthday party, coming up this weekend. Along with the invitation to the party, she sent us a card that we're supposed to write her daughter a note on, and which she will then open on her 18th birthday. I, being as obsessed with entertainment as I am, decided that it would be fun to give her a few lists of shows, movies, books, etc from my generation that she HAS to see.

Rather than include my entire list in one sitting, I'm going to create a series of posts breaking my list down by categories. Today, let's focus on fantastic TV shows that I think every teenage girl/young woman should watch to learn the importance of love, strength, friends and family, shall we?

Gilmore Girls

Felicity

My So-Called Life

Friday Night Lights

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I wonder what medium kids will be watching these on 17 years from now? Streaming? DVDs? I guess we shall see...

Part 2 will focus on TV shows that are the most entertaining semi-guilty pleasures!

Until next time... xo

1 comment:

Rebecca McGahey said...

I love it!!! I actually wanted to cry when I saw I inspired a new post :) I love your blog! Now I'm trying to figure out how best to put a blog post in a time capsule :)