Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's been too long...

Hello Blogosphere! It's been about million years since we've seen each other. I blame it on the craziness that is the summer of weddings. But I'm back and happy to get back to what I love - sharing my thoughts with you all!

Since I haven't posted in a while, I figured I'd ease my way back with a top 5 list of what I'm currently obsessing over - from TV to fashion to books. Ready, set, go!

Pretty Little Liars

Currently my favorite, guiltiest pleasure, Pretty Little Liars brings us some of the most fun entertainment of the summer. Currently in season 2, and no closer to finder out who the hell A is!, the ladies of Rosewood, PA more than curb my evening soaps craving while the rest are on summer break. If you aren't watching, you probably should be.

The Glitter Guide

Ever since Refinery29 has an article on local SF fashion bloggers, I've become obsessed with finding inspiration from Bay Area fashionistas (you can see some of my faves in my "What I'm Reading" section to your right). I have been loving the frequent tumblr posting's on http://theglitterguide.tumblr.com/ so I couldn't wait until the actual Glitter Guide launch...which it did a few weeks ago and I LOVE it. Check it out! http://theglitterguide.com/

2011 - The Year of Weddings

Between May and October I am attending up to 9 weddings - acting as a bridesmaid in one (picture above - check out some more beautiful pics from that wedding here) and maid of honor in another. Due to this, I have become obsessed with all things weddings. From browsing J Crew, ShopBop and BHLDN constantly to find dresses to checking out wedding blogs (http://www.stylemepretty.com/ and http://mapevents.wordpress.com/ are faves) to help brides with inspiration, I feel as though I've become an accidental wedding expert. Which I must say, I don't mind at all!

The one and only Cat Deeley's new web series In The Dressing Room


I've never been shy about my obsession with So You Think You Can Dance's hostess with the mostest Cat Deeley (both her sparkling presence and amazing fashion sense). So I was beyond excited when she announced she would be having a behind the scenes web series about how she styles herself for each new episode. She really needs to win an Emmy or something (eat your heart out, Ryan Seacrest!)! Check out the whole series thus far here.

The Hunger Games Trilogy

I had been reading on entertainment news sites about casting for some new big movie based on a young adult book series and I thought to myself, I suppppppppppppose I should check them out, just so that I'm in the know. And, let me tell you, I'm so glad that I did. Completely addicting and disgustingly shocking, I quickly became obsessed with the books (reading all 3 in about a week) and cannot wait until the movie comes out in March. Read them, you won't be disappointed. I wonder what the next YA trilogy will be...

There you have it. My top 5 obsessions of the moment. Of course, I hate to leave out Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 BUT I would feel remiss not dedicating an entire post to that, so stay tuned...

Until next time... xo

No comments: