Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"What say we settle this on the runway... Han-Solo?"

With less than a month until the collections of Fall 2011 hit the catwalks of NYC, I've been spending some time with some of my favorite designers checking out their "Pre-Fall" collections. And when I say "spending some time" I actually mean stalking the fashion blogs and scrolling through hundreds of pictures of what's been shown over the past few weeks.

J. Mendel
Gilles Mendel is quickly becoming my favorite designer. I was pretty much obsessed with everything about his spring/summer collection and now I'm completely obsessed with everything for pre-fall. The delicateness of the draping of his gowns is incredible and the toughness of his outerwear creates such a great dichotomy of femininity and masculinity. Plus, this orange gown is probably the most stunning thing I've ever seen!


Click HERE for the full collection.

Monique Lhuillier
Always a favorite, Monique Lhuillier does it again for pre-fall. As per usual, she has created some of the dreamiest gowns that show up on the catwalks, and the jewel tones she's chosen look amazing on pretty much everyone. I am pretty sure I need this purple ombre gown.


Click HERE for the full collection.

Reem Acra
Another new favorite, Reem Acra has blown me away with some of the most intricate, blinged out gowns and cocktails dresses over the past few seasons. Every fashionista wants to sparkle on the red carpet (you know, because I'm on the red carpet so frequently) and these dresses are the perfect way to make an impact. I wouldn't be at all surprised of some of these show up at the Globes on Sunday. But seriously. How insane is the bead work on this gown!? I wonder how heavy it would be...


Click HERE for the full collection.

Nina Ricci
I'm not all about the drama on the catwalk. I would absolutely LOVE to have every look Peter Cropping is showing this "season". Each look is styled perfectly to create the most chic outfits for everyday. That is, if your everyday includes dressing fabulously, which I wish mine did! I am obsessed with absolutely everything about this outfit.


Click HERE for the full collection.

Vera Wang
Another less dramatic, but still incredible collection, Vera Wang may have won me over for pre-fall. While I'm not always the hugest fan of her ready to wear (a HUGE fan of her bridal, however), I really love the looks she's put together this season. Again, many of these are much more for every day than the gowns I'm usually blown away by, but the gowns she did show, like this one, are absolutely stunning.


Click HERE for the full collection.

If these pre-fall collections are any indication of what's in store for fall, I cannot wait! As I've said before, fall is my favorite fashion season and I can't wait to see more dramatic gowns and comfy coats and luxurious sweaters. Give me gray skies and a reason to wear a boots and a trench any day!

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Derek Zoolander, "Zoolander"

No comments: