Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Oh, my god, she's fashion roadkill!"

The 2011 Golden Globes are over. There weren't too many shockers, if you ask me, which, since you're reading this, I'm going to have to assume that you are indeed asking me. Some people/movies/TV shows won awards, while some didn't. Some losers were gracious when the camera panned over to them, while some took the time to reapply their lip gloss (too much making out with Brad, Angelina?). Now we wait a little bit longer to see who takes home the gold in the main event - the OSCARS!!!

For a list of all the winners, click HERE.

But let's move on to what's really important, shall we? The fashion! There were some major hits, as well as some major misses, which is pretty typical for these kinds of things. I was pleasantly surprised by all the color on the red carpet. Some of my favorite hues made appearances, both good and bad.

As per usual, I'm going to go ahead and break down my 10 favorite looks.

Emma Stone in Calvin Klein Collection and Van Cleef & Arpels jewels.

Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive and Van Cleef & Arpels jewels.

Mandy Moore in Monique Lhuillier and Chopard jewels.

Mila Kunis in Vera Wang and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

Kyra Sedgwick in Emilio Pucci and Ofira jewels.

Jennifer Lawrence in Louis Vuitton and Chopard jewels.

Claire Danes in Calvin Klein Collection and Fred Leighton jewels.

Olivia Wilde in Marchesa and Tiffany jewels.

Leighton Meester in Burberry and Cathy Waterman jewels.

And finally, my favorite (this seems to becoming a trend), Diana Agron in J. Mendel and Cathy Waterman jewels.

There you have it. Another red carpet full of chiffon, diamonds and stilettos. With so many more award shows in the next few weeks, I'm pretty excited to see all the pretty dresses!

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Stanford Blatch, "Sex and the City"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my favorite tv quote ever!

Miss Liss said...

I have to say, NOT IMPRESSED with Emma Stone's dress, do love her a blondie though