Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Brad. YOU are going to the Oscars WITH Anne Hathway. THEN getting her changed to open the Oscars and perform."

With the Golden Globes behind us, and the SAG awards this coming weekend, it's time to move on to the Super Bowl of Entertainment and Fashion: the Oscars! As you may or may not know, nominations were announced yesterday and, as per usual, there were surprises and snubs.

Black Swan's Natalie Portman (who will most likely win) is nominated for Best Actress, but not Mila Kunis for Best Supporting Actress? Blue Valentine's Michelle Williams is nominated for Best Actress, but not Ryan Gossling for Best Actor or Best Picture? The Fighter's Christian Bale is nominated for Best Supporting Actor AND Amy Adams is nominated for Best Supporting Actress, but not Mark Walhberg (from what I hear he owned that film) for Best Actor? No costume nominations for Black Swan's amazing Rodarte costumes? No song nominations for Burlesque even though Diane Warren won the Golden Globe for the film's song "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me"?

Since I've only seen 1 of the 10 Best Picture nominees (movie marathon, anyone?), I can't really say anything about them. So I won't. I guess we'll have to wait and see who the winners and the losers will be when the show airs February 27. And, who else is excited for the (I'm guessing) countless Rachel Zoe styled costume changes co-host Anne Hathaway will have?

How chic does she look in her J. Mendel gown with James Franco in their promo pictures?

For a list of all the nominations click HERE.

Speaking of which, we all know the main reason I love all these award shows. The actual ceremonies aren't exactly the most exciting shows you'll watch each year, but what IS is seeing all the beautiful gowns sashaying down the red carpet (the handsome men in tuxedos aren't awful to look at, either). I think it's pretty safe to say that all the Hollywood stylists are in Paris right now, scouring the Spring Couture shows for gowns for their clients. I have to say, I would be VERY surprised if I don't see any of them on the red carpet. That being said, here are a few I'd LOVE to see...and I'm fairly certain would easily make every best dressed list.





Considering 4 out of the 5 of these are Elie Saab (the other being Armani Prive), AND my favorite dress last year was Elie Saab, it's safe to say I have a Couture favorite.

I'm looking forward to spending the next month catching up on all the nominated movies. Any suggestions for which I should see first?

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Rachel Zoe, "The Rachel Zoe Project"

No comments: