Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"I love that you did all this work, and it'll serve you well - but not on this movie."

Today was a pretty big news day in the world of entertainment and celebrity gossip. Not only were the nominations announced for the 2011 Golden Globe Awards (more on that later), but there were also 3 pretty high profile celeb couple break ups.

Dexter stars Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are divorcing after 2 years of marriage. I wonder if that will make their brother/sister relationship on the show a bit more awkward...I guess it worked out OK for Sophia Bush and Chad Michael Murray on One Tree Hill back in 2005. But, in more exciting news (for me, anyway) Ryan Reynolds and Zac Efron are now back on the market, as well! Ryan and Scarlett Johansson are divorcing, also after 2 years of marriage (I thought it was the "7-year itch" not the 2 year??) and Zac and Vanessa Hudgens have FINALLY split after 4 years. I would be more than happy to help each of them through this tough time.

Enough about that, let's get back to business, shall we? Early this morning Katie Holmes, Josh Duhamel and Blair Underwood pulled themselves out of bed to announce the nominees for the 2011 Golden Globe Awards.

Click HERE for the full list of nominees.

As per usual, there were a snubs and surprises. What I think most people are wondering now is how the heck is The Tourist a comedy/musical? When has an Angelina Jolie ever been funny or musical? I'm dying to see Black Swan and Blue Valentine and, from what I've heard, they definitely deserved their nominations. What most surprised me about the movie nominations is that Burlesque was nominated for best comedy/musical. While I absolutely loved it, a friend and I were discussing recently whether or not it would get any award show love, beyond music, costumes and make up (which were all INCREDIBLE) and I am beyond excited that it has. Plus, the Christina Aguilera ballad "Bound to You" gave me chills while watching the movie (and every one of the 100 times I've listened to it since) and it better walk away with the award for best song.



Moving along to television, I am thrilled that the brand spankin' new The Walking Dead was nominated for best TV drama, but I'm still saddened that no CW shows are ever recognized. I know, I know. The CW is not exactly prime real estate according to the award voters, but Vampire Diaries and Nikita have been incredible this season and deserve some recognition! Of course Glee was given lots of love, with best actor, actress, supporting actor and supporting actress nominations (Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele, Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch, respectively). I have to admit, however, that I am a little surprised that anyone besides Chris Colfer was nominated. He's had an amazing season so far, whereas we've seen much less of the other 3 this year. And, like I said after the Emmys, I suppose I should give Modern Family a try one of these days.

I'm excited for the show January 16 and of course, super excited to see all the amazing fashions that the stars will show up in for the occasion. Plus, I'm really hoping that we'll get to see Christina Aguilera perform "Bound to You" live.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Jay Berman, "For Your Consideration"

No comments: