Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"We need chorus glee club members, people to stand behind me with wet eyes while I sing solos."

Welcome back to McKinley High gleeks! A new season is upon us, with so many more songs to add to my iPod. I think this goes without saying, but I wanted to give a quick spoiler alert for those of you who haven't seen this new episode yet...but, come on. How could you not have?

The new season begins with Finn and Rachel together and in love, Mr Shue and Sue Sylvester new BFFs, Tina and Mike Chang together after falling in love at Asian camp and Artie heartbroken, Quinn back on the Cheerios to Santana's dismay and lots of new characters! We have a new nemesis for Sue, football coach Shannon Beiste, new hottie Sam Evans and a new diva Sunshine Corazon (better look out Rachel!).

Now, the majority of the episode was pretty wonderful, with the exception of some of the rapping, which they can't seem to get rid of (although, I did like the singing in both songs that included rapping, but I digress...), but the best part of the episode revolved around Rachel's Sunshine freakout. Not only do they share an amazing duet in the ladies room, leading to Rachel sending Sunshine to a crack house instead of the New Directions audition, but we also get chill inducing solos from each.

As per usual (and by usual I mean what I did last season), enjoy my favorite songs from the episode!







I am SO ecstatic that Rachel drove Sunshine to join Vocal Adrenaline. They really do need a new star now that Jesse St. James has graduated (single tear). This should make for some very exciting New Directions/Vocal Adrenaline competition.

Oh, and I cannot wait for next week's Britney episode. Seeing Rachel in the classic red track pants/yellow sports bra and school girl/pigtails makes me itch with anticipation. And, I just heard the most amazing news: SYTYCD's very own Adam Shankman is directing the Rocky Horror Picture Show themed episode...the theme in itself exciting enough! I have a feeling this season is going to be pretty incredible!

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Rachel Berry, "Glee"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was disappointed frankly. Fell kinda flat for me