Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Next week's no good for me... The Jonas Brothers are in town. But any week after that, it's totally fine."

There's something about bachelorette and bachelor parties that bring the fun out in people. Over the weekend I was lucky enough to celebrate the lovely sex superhero Bryanna's upcoming nuptials in Vegas on the water, otherwise known as the Carnival Ensenada Cruise.

I've always said I'll be the first to admit when I've been wrong, and I definitely had a picture in my head about what a cruise would be like. Apparently I believe everything Chelsea Handler says, and when I read her chapter on cruises in her book "My Horizontal Life" I came to believe that cruises were not exactly my scene. But like I said, I'll admit when I was wrong! Being the social anthropologist that I have decided I am, I figured I should document my top 5 findings of what an Ensenada cruise is really all about.

1. If you don't want to have to worry about sea sickness, just keeping drinking!

2. If you are there with a bachelor or bachelorette party, make sure you have at least one theme night, so that way you stand out and everyone wants to hang out with your group. For example, sex superheros, matching tanks, speedos and mustaches, 70s and 80s gear (and mustaches), and characters from movies about bachelor parties (see below example):

3. If you go to Papas and Beer for your day trip off the boat, make sure your friends don't become "that girl" after one (or ten) too many tequila shots.

4. After a few cocktails the hilarious one-liners will more easily flow into the course of conversations (whether or not the grammar actually makes sense).

5. Coming home after 4 days and 3 nights at sea causes a fun hangover consisting of swaying and rocking and mimosa withdrawals.

All that being said, I have to conclude my findings by saying that my cruise hangover was well worth it. I was able to spend a lot of time with a group of lovely, wonderful ladies and meet some fun, interesting people. Maybe I should expand my social anthropology research to do things like this every weekend!

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Alan Garner, "The Hangover"

1 comment:

Rebecca McGahey said...

LOVE the title quote for this one!! How do you come up with this stuff!?! I completely agree with your findings and love that you added a personal anecdote to your blog :) Had such an amzing weekend with you!