Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"I know that we are young and I know that you may love me. But I just can't be with you like this anymore. Alejandro."

Hey Gaga fans! The Steven Klein directed video for Lady Gaga's latest single, Alejandro was released for our viewing pleasure today.



Part Madonna video, part war film, Steven Klein and Lady Gaga really use both of their aesthetics to bring us a fierce 9 minutes of music, dance and fashion. I'm a huge fan of his photography and so I'm not surprised I was visually pleased watching the video. His editorial featuring Victoria and David Beckham in W Magazine back in 2007 were some of my favorite celebrity fashion editorial photos.

I'm already reading about the backlash that will come about from religious groups as to most of the imagery in the video, but I guess Lady Gaga is used to this by now. I'm not sure there has been anything that she's done that hasn't caused some sort of controversy, but isn't that what artists want?

Now I want her to make a video for my favorite track on the Fame Monster, Dance in the Dark. I can see all the disco balls already!!

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Lady Gaga, "Alejandro"

No comments: