Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more."

Another year, another Met Gala. Last night, the New York Metropolitan Museum hosted its annual Costume Institute Gala, co-hosted by Anna Wintour of Vogue. It is the fashion event of the year and did not disappoint for the couture lovers out there.

With the theme of this year's exhibit being Americana, I was expecting the majority of the gowns to be American designers, and many were, with the exception of a few of my favorites. Now, I must say, I was a bit underwhelmed by some. A lot of my fashion favorites played it a bit safe, in my opinion, for an event where you can get away with being as fashion forward as you'd like, but some were just too out there. I'm talking to you Katy Perry!

Here are some of my absolute faves!

Sarah Jessica Parker in Halston:

Diane Kruger in Calvin Klein:

Anne Hathaway in Valentino:

Emma Watson in Burberry:

Emmy Rossum in Kenneth Cole:

Claire Danes in Burberry:

Doutzen Kroes in Zac Posen:

To see a slideshow of over 100 guests on the red carpet click HERE.

It's events like this that make me wish San Francisco was more like New York in terms of fashion. Not that SF doesn't have style all it's own, but there's something to be said for the amount of effort fashionistas in NYC put in to their outfits for any and every occasion.

Until next time... xo

1 comment:

The Widow said...

Wet Seal and BEBE