Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"I'm not looking for a pity party. That's good, cause I always get stuck blowing up the pity balloons."

Since discovering Veronica Mars not too long ago, I pretty much love anything that has to do with Kristen Bell. Not only is she one bad ass teenage detective as Veronica Mars, but she's also an amazing quick-witted narrator in Gossip Girl and a great bitchy actress in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Do I see a pattern here, or are a lot of her roles titular characters??

Anyway, last week I was delighted to stumble across this trailer for a new movie, You Again, starring the lovely Kristen Bell, that comes out in the fall.



Basically, the movie is about a girl who wasn't the most popular girl in high school, but is now very successful, who goes home for her brother's wedding, to find out he's marrying the girl who tormented her in high school.

I'm not trying to say this movie is going to be the next film up for best picture at the Oscars, but it looks fun and has a great cast. The oh-so popular Betty White stars as Kristen Bell's grandmother, Jamie Lee Curtis stars as her mother and Sigourney Weaver star as her nemisis' aunt, who, as it turns out, tormented Jamie Lee Curtis's character back in the day. Kristin Chenoweth is also in it, but I can't really tell from the trailer how she fits in.

I only wish I didn't have to wait until September. I suppose my Veronica Mars DVDs will have to suffice until then.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Kristen Bell and Percy Daggs III, "Veronica Mars"

No comments: