Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Hey guys, watch me do this sweet jack knife! Man I really biffed that one. Thank god there wasn't a baby in there."

In my daily perusal of the net today, I came across two fun stories about one of my favorite comedies, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

The first story was about Charlie Day, who is the show's co-creator/writer and plays "wild card" Charlie. Apparently, he's in talks to join Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston in the big screen comedy Horrible Bosses. Apparently, Horrible Bosses is about three best friends who decide to kill each others' "horrible bosses" in order to make their miserable lives better.

I think it's fantastic that the actors from Sunny are getting recognition in other arenas. I really do find it to be one of the funniest shows on TV, and the actors are some of the best comedic actors I've ever watched. Could Charlie Day be this year's Zach Galifianakis? I hope so!

The other story was about the lovely Sweet Dee. A few months ago Kaitlin Olson announced that she and husband Rob McElhenney, co-creater/writer and Mac on the show, were pregnant with their first child. As it was, they were about to go into filming for the 6th season, which left everyone wondering, will they write the pregnancy into the show?

If you remeber from last season, there was an episode where Dee tries to become a surrogate to make some extra cash:



Well, as it turns out, there are indeed writing it in! In an interview with Charlie and Mac, they discuss the pregnancy and how it became a part of the new season. I wonder if they'll go back to the surrogate plot line from last season. Or if they'll have Dee get drunk and sleep with one of the guys and end up pregnant. I can only imagine that whatever it ends up being, it will be hilarious!

Be on the lookout for the season 6 premiere, September 16 on FX.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Kaitlin Olson, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

No comments: