Monday, April 19, 2010

"A professional waiter? I'm not. No, no, no, I'm a comedian. I figured that my natural hilariousness would have tipped you off by now."

As a new fan of the wonderful world of Neptune and Veronica Mars, thanks to my dear friend at Pitchspork, I was delighted to learn about another show by its creator Rob Thomas. Especially since finishing all 3 seasons on Netflix.


Party Down, created and produced by Rob Thomas, along with Paul Rudd, John Enbom and Dan Etheridge, is basically a Veronica Mars reunion - the majority of the cast and crew of Party Down were either series regulars or guest stars on Veronica Mars.

The show follows the staff at catering company "Party Down" who, for the most part, are all trying to make it in Hollywood, be it in acting, writing, etc. What I find great about the show, is that it seems like it paints a pretty realistic picture of what it's really like to try and become famous...albeit with a more outlandish, funny approach. It would be pretty depressing otherwise, if you ask me. And, it's fun to see all my favorite Veronica Mars stars making appearances in each episode!

Here is a look at the first season of the show, which I'm currently Netflixing (yes, that's now a verb):



Season 2 begins this Friday, 4/23 on Starz. Check out the trailer here:



Until next time... xo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw the advert for the show the other day. Looks pretty funny.