Thursday, April 15, 2010

"I wanted something that would remind everyone of me... so... they mixed their most popular liqueur with their sweetest."

One of my favorite actresses on TV, Sophia Bush, has been cast in a new comedy pilot for ABC, Southern Discomfort.

Now, this came as quite a surprise to me, as the fate of her current starring role, Brooke Davis in One Tree Hill, is still undetermined. The CW has yet to say whether or not they will be picking up the show for an 8th season. I'm sure many people out there thought the show ended years ago, but alas, even without star and narrator Chad Michael Murray, the show has still been chugging away. Albeit, not nearly as good as it once was. And chances are pretty good that it will be picked up for next year.

The question arises, which is better for her? The chance of pilots actually working is pretty slim, but the chance of One Tree Hill lasting much longer is too. Should it get picked up, I'm sure it would most likely be to wrap things up and call it quits for good. But, as we see time and time again, some TV stars fall into oblivion after cancellation of the show they've been on for such a long time. Hopefully for her, and her fans (like me!) that doesn't happen.

I think it's good sign, however, that since she's already being cast in pilots, prior to her show even ending, there will be a lot more of Sophia Bush in the future.

Until next time... xo

No comments: