Thursday, March 25, 2010

"And by golly, love sure was a battlefield. Benatar was right about that."

This week True Blood fans were treated to 2 new promos for the highly anticipated third season of the HBO show, premiering on June 13th.

First, we got a teaser video of a behind the scenes look:



And today, we got a poster:


Now I don't know about you, but I am very excited for the new season to start. As a huge fan of the show, and an even bigger fan of the books by Charlaine Harris, I've been waiting with much anticipation to see how the third season would turn out. I don't want to give too much away, but the third book is a huge turning point for the series, and I'm hoping that Alan Ball stayed close to the book, as he seemed to have done in the previous two seasons.

As most people know, books are never entirely 100% translated onto film, but I think that the True Blood series has done so in a great way. It was pretty clear when I read the books that book 1, Dead Until Dark, and book 2, Living Dead in Dallas, coincided very closely with seasons 1 and 2, respectively. And as someone who is definitely NOT on Team Bill, I hope season 3 does the same with book 3, Club Dead. If you've been following news of the show over the past few months, you'll know that there are a bunch of new characters being introduced. Most notably, Alcide Herveaux, played by Joe Manganiello (bartender Owen for you One Tree Hill fans out there), who, if they follow the book at all, is a new man in Sookie's life.

I'm hoping that these teasers mean many many more are coming soon. I'll take as manyTrue Blood promos as I can get!

Also, if you're a fan of the books, Dead in the Family, the 10th of the Sookie Stackhouse novels, will be out May 4. I'm counting down the days!

Until next time... xo

No comments: