Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"You see, surgical and medical interns are kinda like two rival gangs. Not real gangs, more like those cheesy gangs you see in Broadway musicals."

It looks as though another show bites the dust. Zach Braff unofficially announed on his Facebook page today that Scrubs will not be returning after this season.

It may come as a surprise to many that the show was actually still even on the air. Ever since the switch over from NBC to ABC a couple years ago, fans have been worrying about the eventual cancellation of the show. Especially after last season, which more or less wrapped up everything in the finale - JD and Elliot finally getting together, Turk becoming Chief of Surgery, Janitor getting married, etc. ABC tried to keep the show going by adding a new group of interns this season, with the original characters showing up every so often, but I guess it really didn't stick.

I became a big fan of the show a few years ago after becoming sucked into a marathon on Comedy Central. With episodes like the Emmy winning My Musical and the Wizard of Oz themed, 100th episode My Way Home, I was always impressed by the gang at Sacred Heart. I kind of had a feeling that switching up the cast would ruin the dynamic of the show. I watched a few episodes this season, but could never really get invested in what was going on with the new characters.

I'll leave you with 2 of my favorite scenes from My Way Home and My Musical. Thanks for the laughs JD, Turk, Carla, Elliot, Dr. Cox, Dr. Kelso, Janitor, Laverne, Jordan and Ted!





Until next time... xo

1 comment:

Rebecca McGahey said...

I'm not surprised. We tried watching this season but it just wasn't even close to as good...we just finally admitted it wasn't getting better and took it off our TiVo...I miss the old scrubs.