Monday, February 28, 2011

"It's my turn now!"

Another Academy Awards show has come and gone leaving anyone who cares about the movies chattering. At least until we start talking about the 2012 Oscar contenders. While in my humble opinion there were absolutely no shockers, I was still happy to see Natalie Portman and Colin Firth win their respective awards and King's Speech win best picture (even though I haven't seen it yet, but Social Network, in MY humble opinion, wasn't deserving of it).

Click HERE for a list of all the winners.

What surprises me most, and maybe I'm just a naive fan, is how much flack Anne Hathaway and James Franco are getting for their hosting performance. OK. I completely agree that James Franco offered pretty much nothing to the show (except the entertaining Inception-inspired opening), I really believe Anne Hathaway did a great job as a young, first-time host. Yes, she was a little overly excited at times, but wouldn't you be? She was oozing personality, and yes, maybe she was a little too fan-girl, but who cares! Let's be honest. Did James Franco really need to be there? I don't really think so... Anyway, I thought the show was entertaining (and the set was BEAUTIFUL) and I don't care what anyone thinks about that!

Now let's talk FASHION!

Anne Hathaway, with the help of Super Stylist Rachel Zoe "SHUT IT DOWN" (to quote Ms. Zoe) with all 8 of her looks last night. From the Red Carpet to the After Parties. In an effort to not go on and on and on, even though I could, I will break down my favorite 5 of the 8.

On the red carpet in vintage Valentino Haute Couture and Tiffany jewels.

During the telecast in Oscar de la Renta and Tiffany jewels.

During the telecast in Giorgio Armani Prive and Tiffany jewels.


Both during the telecast and at the after parties in Atelier Versace and Tiffany jewels.

Opening the show in Givenchy Haute Couture and Tiffany Jewels.

I knew she'd look incredible and I'm so pleased with what they chose. Plus, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how she had so many different hair styles over such a short amount of time.

Now let's breakdown my top 5 red carpet looks.

Mila Kunis in (one of my favorite gowns from the Paris Couture shows) Elie Saab Couture and Neil Lane jewels.

Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang and Harry Winston jewels.

Natalie Portman in Rodarte (who designed the costumes for Black Swan) and Tiffany jewels.

Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein Collection and Louis Vuitton jewels.

Jennifer Lawrence in Calvin Klein Collection and Chopard jewels.


And because I'm feeling especially generous today, here are my honorable mentions:

Michelle Williams in Chanel Haute Couture and Harry Winston jewels.

Mandy Moore in Monique Lhuillier and Harry Winston jewels.

Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa (which she helped design!).

Goodbye award season. It's been fun. See you in September for the Emmys!

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Nina Sayers, "Black Swan"

1 comment:

VivaCeline! said...

Celine didn't make your list? BITCH!