Thursday, July 22, 2010

"I do ballet because it has nothing to do with the people. Give me tiaras and boys in tights any day."

It's been a few weeks now since I've gushed about my favorite guy on television at the moment, So You Think You Can Dance's Kent Boyd. Or SYTYCD at all for that matter! Let's fix that, shall we?

I realize I'm a little behind on this, considering it happened last week, and all, but Tyce Diorio, who usually I'm not a huge fan of, combined two of my favorite things to create an amazing 1 minute and 30 seconds of dance: Kent Boyd and baseball. Plus, All-Star Neil up in the mix didn't hurt. Check it out!



I'm no dancer, but I do enjoy being entertained, and everything about that performance is nothing less than amazing entertainment. Although, let's be honest, I feel that way about every single one of Kent's performances. And I'm not even a tween!

Anyway, this season of So You Think You Can Dance has been pretty intense. I know there's a lot of chatter out there about how much people hate the new All-Star format, but I am loving it. Especially now that they've included contestant pair dances. How amazing was Kent (I know, I know...I'm gushing again!) and Lauren's contemporary piece, choreographed by the SPECTACULAR Travis Wall, a few weeks ago.



I'm going to go out on a limb right now and say Kent and Lauren will be top 2, with Kent taking home the title of America's FAVORITE Dancer.

I suppose I can't talk about this season of SYTYCD without talking about the elephant in the room: all the injuries that are occurring. How crazy is it that 3 weeks ago Alex Freaking Wong was forced to leave due to a torn Achilles, then last week Ashley Galvan due to bruised ribs and now Billy Bell was unable to perform this week due to a hurt knee. Not to mention when season 4's Katee had to step in for All-Star Allison a couple weeks ago when she also had bruised ribs. What is going on here!? Why is everyone being forced to leave due to injury? It's so heartbreaking to see amazing dancers go home not because they were voted off, but because they are sent home by doctor's orders. I think it's breaking the hearts of a lot of fans, too. Maybe Cat was so distraught last week because of this, that is why she was forced to repeat an outfit (an fierce outfit, at least)! I kid, I kid. In all seriousness though, I really hope this doesn't become the routine moving forward on the show...and I really hope Kent Boyd (and everyone else) isn't affected by whatever is happening.

Hopefully Billy will be able to dance next week, and not be forced off the show for a change, getting rid of less deserving dancers (I'm talking to you, Jose). We shall see....

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Erik "O" Jones, "Center Stage"

No comments: