Thursday, April 8, 2010

"You may think that every guy in school would totally want to tap this, but my myspace schedule keeps me way to busy to date."

Glee fever is upon us this week!

With only a few more days left, the long awaited second half of the first season will begin again on Tuesday, 4/13. I don't know about you, but when I heard that the show was taking a 4 month hiatus at the end of last year, a single tear may have fallen down my cheek. Glee has definitely been one of my very favorite shows since it began last fall (well...since its spring sneak peak of the pilot) and I can't wait for new episodes. Luckily for me, the soundtrack has been supplying me with my fix in the meantime.

I have always been a fan of musical episodes of my staple TV shows, with "Once More With Feeling" and "My Musical" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Scrubs, respectively, providing some of the greatest TV moments, in my opinion. Also, with the cancellation of Pushing Daisies last year, which also had some amazing musical moments thanks to star Kristin Chenoweth (who also guests on Glee), Glee definitely filled the void left behind by its end.

Not only did the cast of Glee perform at the White House for their annual Easter egg hunt, but they also appeared yesterday on Oprah, with a terrific live performance of one of the best songs from the show.



Plus, who can forget the amazing performance by the cast, featuring Amber Riley (Mercedes) at the World Series last fall??

I will leave you with my favorite moment of the first half of the season, Lea Michelle's (Rachel Berry) remarkable performance of Barbara Steisand's Don't Rain on My Parade:



Until next time... xo

No comments: