Thursday, April 1, 2010

"You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together!"

For the past few years it seems as though Hollywood has been digging in old trashcans to come up with new TV shows and movies. True, this is something that has been going on for quite a while, but lately it seems as though you can't see something original if it hit you on the head. For the most part, we find that the new show or movie can't hold a candle to the original, but sometimes it can.

Being home sick this week I finally was able to discover a show I've been curious about since I heard about it (thank you On Demand!) - NBC's Parenthood.


Based on the great family movie from the 80's, with the same name and starring Steve Martin, the TV show is about the colorful Braverman family, living in Berkeley, CA. I must admit, one of the main reasons I wanted to watch this show was the casting of one of my favorite TV mothers, Lauren Graham. I've been very interested in seeing what she'd do next since the cancellation of Gilmore Girls in 2007. In watching all 5 of the previous episodes, I was definitely drawn in and I am curious to see where the show goes. Unfortunately, I haven't really read too much about it, so I'm hoping that it makes it through the first season. Now if only I knew when it was actually on...

NBC definitely pulled out all the stops on this one, casting TV heavy hitters like Peter Krause, Lauren Graham and Craig T. Nelson and other big names like Erika Christensen, Dax Shepard and Monica Potter. Also, in watching the first episode, I realized that the production team that brought me one of my favorite shows, Felicity, also produce this show - Ron Howard and Brian Grazer.

Enjoy a behind the scenes look:



Until next time... xo

No comments: