Wednesday, March 10, 2010

“What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like, your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second.”

I wanted to start off today’s post by saying how much I appreciate and love my friends and family for all the great encouragement and wonderful feedback I’ve gotten from them all today. Thank you all so very much! I realize that as my friends, they’re required to be nice to me, but what the hell! I’m going to just assume they were all being 100% honest with me. I mean, who wouldn’t want positive feedback on something you were nervous about starting in the first place?

One of my favorite parts of everyday is opening up my gmail and seeing all the new and interesting things that ended up in my inbox the following night/early that morning. Today was no different. One of my new favorite daily emails is The Zoe Report. When I found out Rachel Zoe was getting her own show on Bravo, I was very excited to see what goes on in the daily life of Hollywood’s top stylist. Then, when I discovered she had a daily e-newsletter, I knew I had to subscribe. Every day she (or possibly the fabulous Brad Goreski, her amazing assistant) blasts out a new trend or look. Not only does she include the luxury brand version of the item, but also a more economically friendly version for those of us who haven't won the lottery quite yet. I was particularly excited last week when she pointed out the reemergence of one of my beloved trends: overalls! I know, I know. Overalls? Really? What can I say? I love them!

Anyway, today’s email was almost equally exciting for me. Rent the Runway is a brand new service that is basically Netflix, but for clothes! Who hasn’t had an event to attend in which they were dying for a new dress, but weren’t willing or able to drop a couple hundred dollars to do so. $50 for a sparkly, lace Robert Rodriguez cocktail dress? Sign me up! (Oh, wait…I already am) The only catch is that you don't get to keep it. But who wants to wear a fabulous dress you've been photographed in (and splashed across Facebook) a second time anyway? Now if only they had the amazing Elie Saab gown Rachel McAdams wore to the Oscars on Sunday.

In the words of Rachel Zoe, "I DIE!" Ok, I’m going to stop gushing about it right…..NOW.

Another highlight of my inbox today was the just released 10 second teaser for Eclipse. It may only be 10 seconds, but for a vampire enthusiast such as myself, that’s good enough to make me happy. Especially since Eclipse is my favorite book, by far, of the entire Twilight saga.



Word on the street is that the full length trailer is premiering during Remember Me, starring the dazzling Rob Pattinson and opening this Friday, March 12. Thank you, Summit Entertainment!

I will leave you all with that. Have fun with Edward and Jacob (boo Bella)!

Until next time… xo

No comments: