Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"How different it would be when he didn't need to worry about me anymore. What would he do with all his free time? He'd have to get a new hobby."

Interesting Twilight news today. Summit Entertainment is supposedly going after highly acclaimed, Oscar nominated directors for the 4th (and potentially 5th, if they break it into two parts) and final film of the Twilight saga, Breaking Dawn.


Word is that they've been reaching out to Sofia Coppola, Gus Van Sant and Bill Condon to come in and finish off the work done previously by Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight), Chris Weitz (New Moon) and David Slade (Eclipse).

Now, if it were up to me, I would end the series with Eclipse. Breaking Dawn is just too out there for film, in my opinion, but how hilarious would it be if Renesmee's birth was done in 3-D? And by hilarious, I mean horrifying.

The final decision should be made sometime next week. I guess Summit is really leveraging the monetary success of the franchise in order to get a top notch director attached and potentially win some non-Twihard related critical acclaim and awards.

Until next time... xo

1 comment:

Amanda WK said...

Yuk! I could live without ever thinking about the Nessie birth again.