Monday, October 24, 2011

Standing the Test of Time - Part 4

Believe it or not, I not only enjoy watching copious amounts of TV targeted at teenage girls, but I also love to read. Who knew, right? It's true...I even have my Kindle charged and ready to go in my purse at all times. I used to hate to read back in high school when we were tasked to read and report on the classics. I'm not really sure why I hated it so much, but getting through a book we were assigned was like pulling teeth. It wasn't until I went to college that I really began to enjoy reading for pleasure. And, I have to admit, the book that really sucked me in and got me excited about literature was Harry Potter! Since then I've even reread a lot of books from high school and have realized just how great they really are. I guess there's a reason they are taught in high schools across the country.

For part 4 of my time capsule series, I have decided that I would share with you all my favorite books. Here we go:

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

Harry Potter and... (all 7 books!) by J.K. Rowling

The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins

I realize I didn't include the Twilight books, which was a tough decision for me, especially since I have read the entire series multiple times. Don't get me wrong. I love the series, but I don't know that it should be included here. Sorry Twilight fans! There are a million (yes, that's an exact number) other books that I love that were left out too, so if you want to know what they are, just ask me! Do you all have any favorites that everyone should read at some point in their lives?

Until next time... xo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A Separate Peace - a true classic that every teenager needs to read!