Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"I'm a World Series MVP!"

It's been a crazy few weeks for those of us lucky enough to live in San Francisco! We've learned to Fear the Beard and that Torture does indeed pay off in the end. THE GIANTS ARE THE 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!!!!!

Unfortunately for me, my bank account did not allow me to make it to see any of the playoff or World Series games at the ballpark, but I did discover the fun of watching games at a sports bar full of hundreds of former strangers, now new best friends. I never in my life thought I would enjoy high fives as much as I have over the past few weeks!

I was, however, lucky enough to share in the celebrations down by the ballpark immediately after that final out Monday night AND the homecoming parade (even though I couldn't really see anything) this morning. I feel so lucky to have been able to participate in such an amazing, city wide love fest. And I don't even think I had my toes stepped on once!

I of course cannot fail to give my lovely, very lucky friend Shawna a shout-out for her fabulous performance at the ceremony this afternoon.



Let's not wait another 50 years, Giants! I can't wait for next year spending spring and summer afternoons and evenings out in the bleachers (since I'm sure that's all I'll be able to afford now) cheering you on beer in hand, surrounded by friends!

I'm pretty sure today will be a day that most of us will never forget.



Until next time... xo

Title quote: Jack Eliot, "Mr. Baseball"

1 comment:

Rebecca McGahey said...

GO Giants!! I'm sad I didn't see your text about the parade until we were already heading home :( Thanks for posting the BBB song! I hadn't had a chance to see it!!