Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"I'm not gonna eat today, I'm not gonna eat tomorrow, Cuz I'm gonna be a supermodel."

Even though I'm very sad to see New York's Spring 2011 Fashion Week come to an end tomorrow, I am loving feasting my eyes on the amazing fashions being shown. Can I just say that Monique Lhuillier's show was beyond breath-taking, Halston was stunning and Charlotte Ronson was totally Angela Chase (My So-Called Life, people)! And that's just naming a few of the bunch that I loved seeing....even though it was only in pictures. I wish I could have been there to see all the shows in person, but alas, I was not. Maybe some day! When I'm either a famous fashion journalist or a supermodel. Either will do.

Beyond the clothes/shoes/accessories, there are two things that are always associated with fashion: supermodels and designers. And when I think supermodels, I picture them sitting backstage at fashion week sipping their beverages out of long straws while make up artists, hair stylists and dressers are getting them ready for the catwalk. How appropriate, then, that some of the biggest (and some of my favorite) design houses would partner with beverage companies to bring about limited designer additions of the drinks usually associated with models and fashion: champagne, Diet Coke and sparkling water.

Today while having lunch, I noticed just that! While minding my own business, I just happened to turn to my left and noticed some famous stripes on a Pellegrino bottle. The first thing I thought: I have to have this NOW! Gosh, I'm such a sucker for labels. Then I was reminded of the other drinks I've seen over the past few years "dressed" in high fashion.

S. Pellegrino by Missoni

Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame by Pucci


Diet Coke/Coca-Cola Light by Karl Lagerfeld


Someday very soon I will have all of these on shelves in my apartment. I don't even want to drink them! Just look at them. Someday.

Until next time... xo

Title quote: Jill Sobule, "Supermodel"

No comments: