Friday, March 12, 2010

"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life. "

It looks as if Jack Bauer may finally be heading into that retirement he's been trying to make happen for years now. Rumor has it this season may be the last for our friends at CTU. As sad as I am to hear another one of my favorite shows may not be returning next year, it really hasn't held my attention (and its original audience's for that matter) for the past few seasons. Yes, Day 7 and Day 8 have been a monumental improvement over the disaster known as Day 6, but come on, that wasn't that hard to do. Plus, a change of scenery is always nice - DC for Day 7 and NYC currently.


But wait, don't hang up your messenger bag and cell phone that seems to get reception everywhere, Jack! Word on the street is that NBC is looking to take 24 off Fox's hands. If it were up to me, I'd say just let the show end this season. I can't recall any series that has had success jumping networks...although, I could be wrong. Also, if Fox really wants to make a feature film out of the show, they better get to it before its audience, myself included, is completely over it.

Thank you for your dedication to protecting America from terrorists Jack! Come May, I'll be there with a gold watch and balloons to wish you Happy Retirement!

Until next time... xo

No comments: